Sometimes, we can’t wait to get outside for a jog. But other times, we’d rather do anything than go for a run. You may experience this same love-hate relationship, which is why we think you’ll appreciate a list of cardio alternatives to running. Working in the salon and spa industry is time-consuming, so to answer the question you’re already thinking: yes, we have included some workouts you can do at home.
- Jump rope: Likely, jump rope cardio wasn’t the first workout to come to mind. However, trainers argue that it’s an amazing conditioning tool that’s still low impact. For your workout, try it out HIIT style: jump one minute on, one minute off, for a total of 10 minutes.
- Bike work: One of the most popular cardio workouts other than running is bike work… and luckily, there are several workout types to try. From outdoor biking to a spin workout or SoulCycle workout, you can try everything out to see what you like best.
- Indoor cardio: Ok, here it is, it’s the home workout ideas you’ve been waiting for… exercises like burpees, squat jumps and jumping jacks are our go-to cardio exercises. However, we recommend that you check out PopSugar for written or instructor-led workouts.
- Power yoga: Yoga is definitely relaxing, but certain practices work your heart rate just a bit more. Power yoga is a higher tempo practice than most yoga classes, and you can easily find videos online or check out your local yoga studio.
- Swimming: We know that swimming is a hard activity for colder areas of the country. Even though Tu’el is spoiled with warmer California weather, there are indoor pools available nationwide. Check out a swim workout generator, or keep it simple by building distance and decreasing rest times.
While these are all great workouts for staying fit, keep in mind that exercise has a dual purpose: it keeps you fit and healthy, but it’s also extremely beneficial to skin. If you discuss fitness with clients, remind them to cleanse their skin as soon as possible after a workout.